I graduated from the fine
Georgia Institute of Technology in
December of 2002. I majored in
Computer Science and was the first
student to receive a minor in
I started there way back in the summer quarter of 1997, about two weeks after
I graduated from high school. So, basically the summer vacation before
college was a quick trip to Disney World,
but that's OK because I enjoyed starting early. Tech was certainly a
challenge and the admissions department didn't expect me to make it (hence
summer acceptance), but I made it through and am probably a better person
because of it. Or something like that.
Of course, we have a
kick-ass football team. Our
school newspaper is the South's Liveliest,
The Technique. Georgia
Tech is much better than that other "school"
in Athens, where my traitor of a sister decided to go.
If you're interested, for some strange reason, I saved all of my
schedules for almost every semester I attended.
I was also a co-op student, which
meant that I alternated semesters between school and working
at CNN. Well, not really alternated so
much as worked less hours while in school.
Fond Memories of School and others not so fond:
- The SWARM...Getting packed in to the stands like sardines and sitting
right next to the band so we had to yell The Ramblin Wreck at the top of our
- Tearing down the goal posts (or being on the field when it happened)
- Second floor of Towers hall with John, Jeremy, and Jeff
- Running back and forth to Hanson from Towers
- The Towers of Terror haunted house
- 4th floor of Field and all of the stairs to get there
- Russ Clark -- the best networking professor
- The LAWN (Local Area Wirless Network) on campus
- The GT Computer Store in the pre-Barnes & Noble days
- Parking on campus... or lack thereof
- I'm a ramblin' wreck from Georgia Tech and a helluva engineer!
This webpage and the images contained on this
webpage are © 1999-2003, Myke Olson and may not be reproduced without